پنج معمار ایرانی در فهرست معماران تأثیرگذار خاورمیانه در سال 2017
Five Iranians Among 2017 Most Influential Architects
Designmena has recently published a list of the Middle East’s most influential established and emerging architects based on projects completed in 2017, among which there are five Iranians. The list includes 45 established architects and 5 new comers. Alphabetically ordered, it highlights the architects that have positively contributed to the progress of architecture in the region, the website wrote. Kourosh Hajizadeh, Amirhossein Hajizadeh, Arash G. Tehrani, Behzad Atabaki and Mohammad Khavarian are the five Iranians on the list.
- Kourosh Hajizadeh is the founder of the award-winning Tehran-based architecture firm Hajizadeh & Associates. In his works he has long shown interest in history and culture of his homeland.
- Amirhossein Hajizadeh is also a member of the firm, where he has served as the lead architect since 2013. His projects include the Tokyo Music Center, which was selected as the project of the year in 2015 in the Middle East Architect Awards, and the Chabahar Free Zone Complex that was selected as the concept design in 2017 at the MEA Awards.
- Arash G. Tehrani founded his namesake design studio in 2013 in Alborz Province. The firm’s achievements include the creation of economic and easily-assembled shelter for victims of war or natural disasters, as well as the homeless.
- Behzad Atabaki Studio established by Behzad Atabaki in 1999, is recognized for its work in architecture, urban design, landscape architecture, interior design and furniture design. Iran national pavilion at Venice Architect Bienniale 2016 and Aftab Office Building in Tehran are two of the studio’s latest works.
- Mohammad Khavarian’s work ranges from urban structure and buildings to installations and graphic designs. He has participated in several exhibitions worldwide. Chamestan House in northern Iran and a residential project in Yazd are two of the projects he has worked on this year.