“House”, in the contemporary city, in the din of closely-knit apartment buildings and in the grimace of distantly arranged villas, has been reduced to the status of a mere suffix. We converted the land of the “One-None-Stone” Project into a house to bring the suffix to the fore in order to turn the architectural tale into a narrative of space...
Our response to the challenging architectural installation competition near one of the most important historic gardens “Afif Abad Garden” in Shiraz, Iran was PAUSE.
PAUSE is the childish adventure feeling and inspiration that we have not experienced since so many years ago. PAUSE tries to revive the feelings that we have been ignored. Feeling of brick texture tactile; hearing the sound of our steps on the metal sheets, looking at the sky which we pass under of it every single day without any attention to it, not even trying to pause and enjoy watching it.
Tootestan Villa in Kordan, with an area of 400 sq.m., is located in a garden, measuring 2800 sq.m. at Banoo Sahra Village of Kordan. Taking into account various issues like demands of employer, status of land, vision and landscape, local geography and ecology, land’s access, minimum interference in basic design, etc., we have reached to a main idea in designing that resulted in major lines of the villa.
Kamran stands on the pavement. There is a big pool in front of him. He must pass over a stone bridge. Sound of water is being heard. Across from him is the wooden door with the glass panes in its two sides. The entrance hall is seen through the panes. He leans on his stick. “What is that turquoise light?” he asks watching the hall’s walls. It is the same old light.
More than 3 million disabled of natural disasters, accidents and Iran-Iraq war are living in Iran. They are so vulnerable and forgotten due to the lack of urban facilities and other special services. In 2007, Cultural-Social Administration of Tehran municipality, decided to construct a cultural-sport complex for disabled in each 22 Tehran districts, in order to increase these kinds of facilities.
With the approval of the Ministry of Culture and Art, School of Fine Arts, called "studio", was established in October 1940 at the place of Marvi High School. After September of 1941, workshops of the studio were moved to a basement in the Western Area of the Technical College building (on the campus of Tehran University) and attached to Tehran University with the name of "studio"; then, it was added to the Faculties of Tehran University with the name of "the Faculty of Fine Arts" under the law acted on April 18th, 1949.
Voskanian’s Holy Cross Chapel on the southeastern corner of the complex was an addition after the Iranian Revolution of 1979, which certainly encapsulates, not only Voskanian’s artistic brilliance, but also his lifelong commitment to both the people but also to history and modernity. Although initially the complex was designed and used as a secular space,
[A brief explanation]
n many cases there are not few information about the buildings details such as name of Architect and any other technical information. so this is an approach to find out Iranian modern Architecture around of Iran by volunteering free photography.
Buildings are mainly constructed from 1900 - 1980.